This week I continued to clean out my cellar the fun way, separating bottles into drink soon, cellar longer and drink very soon. As well I sorted a 48 bottle haul from the USA that I brought back from a trip over the long weekend where I picked up some nice Dogfish Head bottles, some Stillwater and Evil Twin stuff I hadn’t seen here and bunch of other fun stuff. I also went to Biercraft’s Belgian Showcase and explored the land of sour, lambic, dubbel, tripel, quadruple and saison beers from near and far, it was a blast feel free to read my review of it here.
My Favourite Craft Beer’s from Last Week:
Weekly Craft Beer Review Recap:
- Click here to see the best of my week’s reviews via Storify, or simply scroll down from this post.
Interesting Craft Beer Links Around the World:
- I found a very cool list of 100 American Craft Beers Every Beer Lover Should Drink – lots of great beer on here and some classics
- I follow a great beer blog from an Irish blogger called Simon Says…You really should drink this please check it our he posts some great stuff and has good taste in beer
- Father’s Day is just around the corner, these guys at Brooklyn Brew Shop sell smaller 1 Gallon starter kits and recipe kits online and in Chapters stores in Canada, the beer is great, easy to make plus it is all grain brewing so you are basically a super nano brewer with this kit.
Interesting Craft Beer Links BC and Vancouver:
- Vancouver Craft Beer Week (VCBW) has just finished, I storified a good 300+ images from twitter here in chronological order with VCBW tags, it’s great to see what people were excited enough to tweet about and to take pictures of. Note, craft marketers, this may be worth spending some time on. Happy to help for beer check it out here!
- Here is a good article on BC Business where they talk about the Craft Beer Revolution taking market share from Big Beer – link.
- One of my favourite local blogs is Mikes Craft Beer, he subscribes to O’Hares Beer club that does a bi-monthly craft beer box check out the latest box and his reviews here.
Adventure of the Week:
Other than VCBW’s Biercraft Belgian Showcase, I kept it pretty calm this week. However both my kids birthdays were coming up so we had a joint birthday party at The Clova Cinema. Now, if you have never been there you must know that this place is shutting down by end of summer 2014 and they aren’t going to show movies there anymore. Constructed in 1946, this theatre now shows mostly second run movies and has deals like “fill your own container with popcorn for $2.50” and cheaper refills and tickets than most theatres. We rented the entire place to watch Muppets Most Wanted and invited 50 kids plus any siblings and family that wanted to join. It was a blast to have the place to ourselves, the movie was good and the staff were fun. Best part, they take the kids up to the projector and let them start the movie, dim the lights and turn on the sound. If you get a chance, there are only two of these old theatres left in the Lower Mainland so be sure to check them out and support them!
Ready for the Muppets Most Wanted Movie
Starting the projector named “Ethel”