I had this past week off and managed to go back to Porteau Cove when the weather was nice (yay!) and lazed around relaxing and doing lots of fun family stuff for the rainy days. I survived a trip to Build-a Bear, physically not financially, but at least the kids love their new $75 stuffed animals. Be warned, take a loan out before going to this place! The BC Craft Beer scene was first treated a lot of yada-yada from our government about #unhappyhour with a lot of words, but no real meaning to them (just watch it). After this, things got even weirder with some CAMRA Vancouver #FUSS action that I will elaborate on below.
My Favourite Craft Beer’s from Last Week:
- Import Craft Beer: Moylan’s Old Blarney Barleywine – buy and drink or cellar
- BC Craft Beer: Four Winds Phaedra – seriously buy it now before it runs out
Weekly Craft Beer Review Recap:
- Click here to see the best of my week’s reviews via Storify, or simply scroll down from this post.
Interesting Craft Beer Links Around the World:
- Do you think the craft brewing industry is over-hyped and over-hopped? Don Russell (aka Joe Six Pack) gives some fresh ideas for craft beer brewers in this article. I love #4!
- The US Open Beer Championship happened, which includes some home brewers and breweries, and the list of 2014 winners is available on their website www.usopenbeer.com, it looks like both Quebec and Ontario Breweries participated and won a fair share of medals.
Interesting Craft Beer Links BC and Vancouver:
- #FUSS, read all about it here if you haven’t already. I wrote a small book to express my feelings and give feedback to their approach in the comments.
- #FUSS again, Paddy Trevor of VanEast Beer Blog and Powell River CAMRA president also wrote an interesting article on this here.
- #unhappyhour – CAMRA BC letter to our MLA’s regarding the minimum pricing and how it could negatively effect businesses which can be viewed via this link
Adventure of the Week:
Another summer week off, another camping trip and then some.